The LED TV is, nowadays, the new standard as far as television is concerned. This product present in different levels of image quality or diagonal screen size, adjusted to the preferences of each person. In addition, Smart TV options allow you to connect the TV to other devices to play content, surf the net, or watch your favourite series on any streaming platform. Among the most prominent models, we find accessories such as the Samsung 55 inch TV.
A model of best LED TVs based on a 55-inch screen with 4K resolution where you can see high-quality images, regardless of whether they come from a conventional antenna or its Smart TV functions. Functions that also include the LG 43LJ5500 Smart LED TV model, which, despite its adjusted price, offers a 43-inch diagonal with Full HD resolution, the aforementioned Smart TV service, and excellent connectivity to make it the centre of your digital leisure.
What is the best-LED TV on the market?
The TV market is booming as never before, with new models coming to market every month, new features, new modern components. How to clarify with all this? In this guide to buying the best possible TV for your home, we will help you decide on one or the other and try different concepts and features.
If you want a team through which to watch your favorite movies, your novels, or football games that distract you from all your worries in the best image quality, then you only need the best-LED TV on the market and, voila!
Below, you will find a list taken in consideration of the opinions of the users, who catalog the following as the ideal options for the best-LED TV quality-price.
This model stands out in any comparison of LED TVs, both for the high image quality it offers and for having additional functions such as its Smart TV system or extensive connectivity.
Main Features Explained
This product features a 55-inch diagonal display with a wide viewing angle that is located at the forefront of LED TVs on the market. This allows you to enjoy even more the 4K emission capability that this product has, suitable for seeing everything much clearer and obtaining clear and defined images.
Some images also help elements such as the refresh rate of 1500 hertz, which does not generate any flickering. Active Crystal Color technology is also included, with which to obtain brighter and more defined images by means of an advanced processing system that squeezes every pixel of the images presented on the screen.
Another novelty of this model is the improved control system that includes the TV. A system where the typical command is replaced by a new management with which to control all your devices without having the table full of controls. This remote is also included as an app so that you can control the TV directly from your mobile.
But the news does not end here since this TV also offers you the possibility of controlling it with your voice. A novelty that is gradually included in new equipment and allows us to control the essential functions through a series of specific voice commands. Very suitable therefore not to have to look for the control, or get up from the sofa.
To complete the TV functions, this equipment has extensive connectivity. Among the options included, we have a good number of HDMI ports, the option to connect your satellite socket, as well as the option to connect the device both via Ethernet cable and through high-quality WiFi connectivity.
This connectivity is what gives the necessary data connection to take advantage of the new Smart TV functions that the equipment includes. An improved system with which to access all types of streaming platforms and different applications to improve your entertainment options in which the new Smart HUB makes everything much more accessible.
- This model has a 55-inch diagonal screen capable of outputting images with a 4K resolution. Enough, therefore, to see everything much clearer and not lose detail of any image.
- It is necessary to make different adjustments to the image on the screen depending on what we see, in order to take full advantage of the image emission capabilities of the product.
The new LED TVs have not only finished with the large and weight televisions we met, but today the screen diagonals have also grown to see everything more transparent. We have the test on TVs such as the LG 43LJ594V model, which has a 43-inch screen in which to see everything much clearer.
This screen has a Full HD resolution, which is currently the minimum standard that we should demand from this type of TV. The best thing is that this image quality can be enjoyed both with any DTT connection and with the different regards via HDMI and other options, as well as the Smart TV function that is also included.
An alternative with which to access all kinds of online content and your favorite streaming platforms with the same image quality, so you don’t miss anything.
Directly manufactured by what we could consider as the best brand of LED TVs of the moment, we analyze in detail this model and its functions:
- Size: The 43-inch size is suitable for medium-sized rooms so that you can place the TV in your living room or dining room without problems.
- Smart TV: This LED TV incorporates the new version 3.0 of WebOS, with which to move faster through any streaming platform or surf the net safely.
- Supports: The stands have a compact design that adequately holds the TV without taking up space on your table, is equally easy to assemble.
- Slowness: The team maintains the problem of LG already known in terms of menu navigation speed, having to have some patience when changing channels or accessing the Smart TV.
- Instructions: Some user comments that he has not received the instructions in Spanish, although if this happens, they are available on the Internet.
Rank #3: Jensen JTV4015DC 40" LED DC Television
One of the advantages of modern LED TVs is that due to their smaller size, they can be placed anywhere. So if you want to have a TV in the kitchen, in the bedroom or anywhere else, it is now possible. As shown, we have models such as the Jensen JTV4015DC 40″ LED DC Television, which combines a compact size and high image quality.
Specifically, the product has a 40-inch diagonal screen in a compact size that is easy to place anywhere. A filter that, despite its small size, offers you a Full HD resolution with which to see that image with remarkable quality.
This product accompanies by other essential aspects such as the USB recorder port, with which to connect any device or record what you want and watch it later.
The TV also has numerous additional connectivity options, such as two HDMI ports and audio outputs, headphones, or digital audio, which give you more opportunities to extend the functionality of the equipment, even within its simplicity.
When determining which LED TV to buy, if you need a tight-sized model, this may be a good idea. Let’s see more features of it.
- Resolution: The TV has a Full HD resolution even though it is a small product.
- USB port: So you can record and play different contents, this model incorporates a USB port with which to access all types of files.
- Consumption: The equipment has electricity consumption of just 28 kilowatts per year under normal conditions of use, so you will not only notice the cost of the product on your bill.
- Refresh Rate: Some user comments that the refresh rate of the product may lead to some slight flickering during image viewing.
- USB power: The USB has enough energy to power any storage device, but perhaps not for equipment with more electrical demand, such as the Amazon Fire Stick.
- Channel Management: The TV does not have the option to sort the channels but only allows you to create favourite lists.
A comparison of LED TVs is not only based on image quality, but it is the main feature in which it is natural that we look. What is an LED? Previously, LCD TVs were modernized, giving way to LCD + LED TVs, offering greater clarity. In the end, they were simply called LED TVs. From there, we enter the world of HD.
For the most part, the most modern LED TVs on the market bring a minimum of HD Ready (720p). The most advanced models are the famous Full HD (1080p), with higher quality and offering an excellent experience. However, the forefront is the new 4K TVs, with a resolution almost four times the Full HD (UHD) system, a few TVs that have been in the market for a short time, but are already reasonably priced, although the problem is instead the lack of content available for these products.
Therefore, our advice is that you bet for now on a Full HD (1080p) model, since it offers a much sharper image quality than its predecessor. Whether for movies, series, concerts, or video games, your experience will be doubly good with a Full HD TV.
Place and size
How much an LED TV cost depends to a greater extent on its dimensions. The first thing we should keep in mind is where we are going to place it. A small room is not the same as a vast living room. If your living room is tiny, it makes no sense to buy a 65-inch TV.
There are different sizes in the market, appropriate for any place where we want to place it. In this guide, we will differentiate them into small, medium, and large. The lowest is around 19-32 inches, fully functional for rooms or kitchens. If what we are looking for is to place it in a somewhat larger room, we should go beyond these inches, maybe until 45.
And if you want to set up your own cinema in your home and you have enough space in your great room, you can think of measures beyond 60 inches. To take the measurements, remember to do it diagonally, from corner to corner. Measure and calculate the space in your room to get an idea before deciding. Thus, you can make your own comparison of LED TVs when you are watching them in the store.
Uses and features
We will delve a little into what the television system itself is. After having clear quality, size, and location, do we know what we want it for?
Today, Smart TVs abound a lot. These types of televisions offer very different and exciting services, such as paid subscriptions to multimedia services to watch your series, Internet access with your social networks, direct access to YouTube, WiFi connection, etc.
On the other hand, we have 3D TVs. If you are a fan of this type of viewing, these LED TVs offer a formidable experience in Full HD once you put on your 3D glasses.
Plasma TVs are slowly disappearing from the market, but there are still some of them that offer quality and sharpness of fast images in enviable movements.
Once the budget has been calculated, we have to add and inform you of other secondary expenses that may arise after the purchase, such as HDMI cables to connect your Blu-Ray player, your Home Cinema sound system (5.1 or 7.1, for example) and the bases to mount your TV in walls of the room, kitchen or places where space is limited.
We sincerely hope that we have clarified several of your doubts thanks to this guide to buying LED TVs. The quality of the TV is outstanding, but as you can see, the characteristics inherent to them are also significant, especially if you like to be connected to the Internet or enjoy online subscription services. Check out below to save yourself more headaches with other products. Enjoy it!
How to use an LED TV
These types of televisions were released in 2004 when the Sony brand began to distribute them. The first model had RGB Dynamic LED backlight technology. A few years later, the brand released a model that uses Edge-LED technology. One of the advantages of this type of television is that they manage to get deeper blacks than other models. They are made up of LED diodes that allow you to maintain a balanced appearance when emitting images.
RGB LED TVs
This type of television has three semiconductors, and each of them has a different colour; These are red, blue and green. Thanks to the integration of these shades, the team has the ability to achieve a range of colours in the LEDs. It is possible to control the variety of tones, regulating the amount of current passing through each of the conductors through the device menu.
EDGE LED TVs
This model has LEDs throughout the screen and panels that are a little deeper, which allows improving the uniformity of the TV screen. The team has the ability to offer deeper blacks for having panels called Local Dimming and Micro Dimming, which help to improve the projection of details in the light areas and avoid dark spots on the sides.
They are usually used to project large-scale images, being shared in the dissemination of advertisements, in theatres, public events, and architecture projects. They are generally large and have high resistance. It is possible to use them to reproduce content both indoors and outdoors. In addition, they can display millions and trillions of colours by mixing light and RGB pixels. Maintenance is necessary to ensure its durability.
These are electronic components that allow the passage of energy in only one direction, operating similarly to a switch; when polarized directly emits light. It has two connection pins, one longer than the other that connects to the positive and negative poles, which allows the current to pass through the piece and, at the same time, can emit light.
Materials for its elaboration
The televisions are formed inside by a series of pieces that are responsible for performing different functions; each one of them is made of multiple types of materials, among which metal, glass, and plastic stand out; from the latter, the outer part of the equipment that is responsible for protecting all the internal components of the material is manufactured, thus preventing its deterioration.
A wide variety of LED TVs are currently offered on the market. The internal characteristics of them are usually similar to each other, but, depending on the manufacturer brand, the options that each model makes available to users vary, as well as the type of connectivity they have and the functions they are capable of performing, qualities that should be analyzed when buying these devices.
The most popular brands
To make the selection process less complicated, we have compared the opinions of customers with the benefits offered by each product, so we present a selection of the best brands so you can decide which TV to buy according to your expectations and requirements. These brands are LG, Samsung, and Sony.
LG is a company established since 1947, whose headquarters are located in South Korea. In principle, it started calling itself Lucky Goldstar, but from 1995 the acronym LG was used as an abbreviation for both words. Throughout its history, it has had an essential growth in the international market, being one of the most valued customers when choosing an electrical device with updated technology.
The catalogue of this brand is full of high-tech products that serve to facilitate communications and entertainment, but also for various household tasks. Hence we find LED TVs, smartphones, tablets, monitors, computer equipment, white line, audio, and video players, accessories for various devices, among others.
According to many customers, the best LG Led TV can be found in any of the models of this brand, because it uses cutting-edge technology for the manufacture of this type of devices, and designs them so that they are easy to use and are as comfortable Possible to control. At the same time, due to the environmental problems of recent years, the brand has proposed the manufacture of products with low ecological impact, an element that serves as a positive point for those users who want to use the technology in a responsible way.
In 1969, this vital world brand began to be developed, which is also located in South Korea. Its impact has been so crucial that it is currently one of the best known mobile phone producers, with millions of users around the world in a large number of countries.
Samsung products can be classified into at least two broad groups: appliances and communication devices. However, it has also developed a series of software and applications that are used by the same buyers of their electronic equipment, so this is a continually growing market for the brand.
The brand is characterized by being innovative, and this is evidenced in various commercial achievements that it has had, such as the launch of the first plasma television on the market, hence in terms of TVS, in general, it is a reference and has a lot of fame about it because Most users recommend Samsung among the first options. Among its most outstanding products, we have, in addition to mobile phones and televisions, devices such as air conditioners, washing machines, refrigerators, camcorders, cameras, printers, PC monitors, among others.
It is another famous Japanese company whose headquarters is in the capital of that country. Its catalogue of products is also quite extensive and is also oriented to the branches of telecommunications and entertainment in general, so it is preferred by people when buying a large part of the electrical devices they currently use.
Its products are quite resistant and have a distinctive design that gives a lot of elegance and, at the same time, a modern look to each of its devices. Its product catalogue includes televisions, smartphones, audio and video recorders, video game consoles, digital cameras, tablets, smartwatches, etc.
In the opinion of customers, Sony has the best 32-inch LED TV on the market, so it is convenient to review the models it offers and assess whether it corresponds to your expectations and needs when buying such a device. Sony brand equipment has among its benefits a high range of durability, simple control options, compact design, depending on the type of product, so they are among the buyers’ favourites.
Frequently asked questions
Q1: Which is a better LED or LCD TV?
LED technology is a more advanced version of the LCD since it is based primarily on the use of light-emitting diodes that provide more excellent illumination, contrasts, and more intense blacks on TV screens, providing high-quality images, as well as They consume less energy. Therefore, it can be said that televisions with LED displays are of better quality than LCD televisions.
Q2: Who invented LED TV?
Engineer Nick Holonyak, from the United States, worked for General Electric in 1962 when he invented visible-looking LED technology. In addition, this technology used by Sony in 2004 in its models of Qualita 005 TVs, the world’s first LED TVs.
Q3 Which LED TV is better Sony or Samsung?
If you still have confusion about these two brands to acquire an LED TV, we invite you to make a small comparison with several aspects in mind. First, it evaluates the quality and technology that the screen presents, since, although they may be from different companies, the differences they have are very minimal but decisive.
Second, you should focus on the audio quality, so verify among the selected models the type of sound format so you can choose the one that best meets your hearing needs.
Third, the price is a determining factor when acquiring the right quality product and, taking these three aspects into account, you can get an LED TV that can meet all your expectations.
Q4: Which LED TV is better, Sony or Philips?
Sony is a brand catalogued for developing mid-range and high-end products with suitable quality standard manufacturing materials. However, their products are not usually wholly cheap. However, Philips is not far behind when it comes to manufacturing excellent quality LED TVs, but unlike Sony, its products have minimal differences in performance and image quality. In addition, Philips TVs stand out in the market for having a much lower price than those made by the Japanese company Sony.
Q5: How to clean LED TV?
So you can clean the fingerprint stains that are reflected on the screen of your LED TV the process is very easy. Take a cloth, moisten it with water and white vinegar and rub it around the screen in a circular way until all the stains are removed. Then, take a microfiber cloth and rubbing in a circular manner, respectively, removes excess liquid until the LED TV screen is completely dry and bright.
All about LED TVs 2020
Nowadays almost every household in the world has a television. With an LED television, the display of colors is at a high level and the contrast range is significantly increased. Our team has viewed various tests on the Internet for a list of the best and was therefore able to include ratings for resolution, tuner types, dimensions and much more.
What is an LED TV?
These televisions use light-emitting diodes (LEDs) for illuminating the background or for producing the picture itself.
In most cases it is LCD displays (LCDs) and light emitting diodes form the background lighting (LED backlighting). For this purpose, white light emitting diodes that can be mixed with white are used. They are located behind the liquid crystal display. The designation “LED TV” is wrong with this display technology. Correctly, these devices should be called “LED-backlit LCD televisions”. For the LCD display of the LED TV , LED lamps are used as backlight instead of fluorescent tubes.
How does an LED TV work?
Liquid crystals are used for the image display in an LCD television . Depending on how they are adjusted, the light is blocked or left behind. The cells are illuminated by background lighting , which consists of fluorescent tubes (CCFL) and provide the cells with lighting. On the other hand, depending on the rotation of the liquid crystal, more or less of it will shine through. The light is mainly focused towards the front and rarely from the side.
The latest trend is the deposition of the CCFL tubes by light emitting diodes (LEDs) . The practical test highlighted several advantages: Lower power consumption, lower installation depth and the LED backlight can be separated when switched on and off . The black levels become better and increase the contrast of the image .
With regard to the LED positions , the devices are called edge LED or full LED TVs by the manufacturers . The LEDs on the Edge LED are located on the housing frame and allow a very minimal installation depth. With the full LED construction, the LEDs are not on the side, but are placed directly behind the panel in clusters. These areas can be switched on and off in blocks. This makes it possible to completely blacken special image content, while the other clusters also have a high luminosity.
Advantages & areas of application
The biggest advantage of an LED TV is the high maximum brightness in a practical test. The devices are available in all inch sizes and are cheaper than OLED TVs . The representation of the colors is almost on the level of OLED TVs. At maximum brightness, good devices are well above OLED TVs. This means that LED TVs are the best selection in a light-filled environment and with bright elements in HDR images with an increased contrast range, which require bright displays.
- Luminous background lighting, perfect for bright rooms
- Even surface coverage in the background
- Inexpensive manufacture
LED TVs are available in all inch sizes. It ranges from 24 inches to models with more than 65 inches in the diagonal and offer connections for different sources.
Some small devices often have two HDMI inputs and a USB port. Larger diagonals from higher series usually have four HDMI inputs and three USB ports, which were rewarded accordingly in the external LED television test .
What types of LED TVs are there?
Are on the market LED TV with LED frame backlight , LED TV with direct backlight and LED technology with color direct LED backlight .
What does the LED TV with LED frame backlight include?
There is an old technology behind the name ” LED TV “. LED TVs work with the LCD display and only use other lighting for the background with LEDs. Depending on the positioning of the backlight , a distinction is made between the two versions above
How does an LED TV with LED frame backlight work?
The LED lamps are located on the edge of the television. The light is distributed across the screen via a ladder system. The brightness and color filtering works the same as with a conventional LED TV.
Advantages and disadvantages of LED TVs with LED frame backlighting
The advantage can be found in the fact that the devices can have a flat construction than when using traditional cold cathode tubes. Illumination is a problem. It decreases towards the center of the screen and creates an uneven illumination. The production costs for these televisions with LED frame backlighting are generally more expensive than conventional LED televisions.
- Flat construction possible
- Low power consumption (still higher than with direct LED backlighting)
- Illumination not even
- Controllable background lighting (local dimming) not possible
- Response time accordingly slow
- Limited viewing angle
- Tightening efficiency
How does an LED TV with direct LED backlight work?
These LED televisions also work with a common LCD display. The light emitting diodes (LEDs) are located all over the display.
How does an LED TV with direct LED backlight work?
The LEDs are located in clusters (areas) directly behind the screen. With local dimming technology , the brightness of the individual clusters can be controlled, but individual pixels cannot be regulated as required. Depending on the model, current LED televisions have around 3,000 LED lamps with direct LED backlighting.
- Level illumination of the panel
- Controllable background lighting for image content only possible over areas (clusters)
- Low power consumption, but higher than with direct LED backlighting
- Asymmetrical illumination
- Controllable background lighting with pixel-perfect accuracy is not possible
- Correspondingly slow response time
- Limited viewing angle
- Tightening efficiency
- Level construction difficult
LCD technology with colored direct LED backlighting
Sharp describes its technology as ” Active RGB backlight “. As a result, the direct LED backlighting is carried out with colored LEDs. These RGB LEDs are red, green and blue. These modules are not white, but are arranged in these three colors in minimal clusters on the entire surface of the screen. As with the white direct LED backlight, this construction enables uniform illumination of almost 100%
Uniform to the individual liquid crystals (LCD pixels) in the LCD layer, individual LED areas (RGB-LED clusters) also have precise image signals that are responsible for controlling the brightness as well as the color of the background lighting with the corresponding image content to draw. This results in limited dimming with excellent illumination and very high contrast values. However, due to the high technical effort involved in the production, this formation of colored and clustered background lighting is relatively expensive in comparison.
Are colored light emitting diodes in the background better than the classic white ones?
There is no general answer to whether colored LEDs are better. In the LED TV test , RGB LEDs (red, green and blue) had the advantage of displaying an additional color spectrum. It is not required for normal video signals. White LEDs contain a blue light-emitting diode with additional phosphor components. Here the color yellow is used in most cases, because together with blue this forms the white color. The proportionate red is not available.
Therefore, several components of phosphorus are used in advanced white LEDs. As a result, the necessary TV colors are neatly formed. This RGB version also has the advantage that it is possible to regulate the color temperature via the backlight. It is not necessary to switch the blue liquid crystal cells down for lower blue components. Adjustment of the color lighting according to the image content is conceivable, but it is not yet used.
This is how LED TVs were tested
In an LED TV test 2020, all devices have to undergo an extensive test run. Only if a television set convinces in all categories of the practical test can it compete for the coveted title of LED television comparison winner.
Below we tell you which criteria are important for an LED TV in the test:
- picture quality
When buying an LED TV, the consumer usually expects the picture to be of excellent quality. Therefore, this area is undoubtedly one of the most important in the test. Every single LED TV is put through a practical test.
Color values, illumination, black levels and other additional details play an important role. In addition, they not only tested the TV in LED quality, but also validated the handling of lower-resolution content.
- Sound quality
- Numerous users use built-in speakers in the TV instead of their own home cinema. In a test, all LED TVs are listened to and determined which device is convincing with this criterion.
- Music, films and games are used in the practical test. It should be possible to clearly differentiate between highs and mids. Overdrive should never occur and the bass should produce a powerful sound.
- A certain volume is welcome so that residents in very busy areas in the outdoor area can perceive everything without any problem.
- The best LED TV is not very efficient if the user cannot operate the device properly. The menu navigation and other components are analyzed in the test. At best, you can easily find your way around and a manual as an aid is unnecessary. A good translation is necessary, which excludes cryptic names.
- In this area, everything is important how the connection between an LED TV and external devices is established. For this reason, suitable connections are required in particular. Even inexpensive devices should have at least two HDMI connections. A higher number is recommended.
- Built-in tuners for cable and satellite are also positive. This eliminates the need for an additional receiver. In addition, it is checked whether there is a smooth function with the connection of Blu-ray players, game consoles, set-top boxes and other devices and which image quality is created.
- It also tells how a particular LED TV can be connected to the individual network and the Internet. For example, WLAN or Ethernet is available here
- Features and functions
- Can the TV experience with an LED TV without additional functions get even better? Different apps are available for users of the Smart TV . Other devices offer built-in picture-in-picture functions, for example. This allows two different programs to be tracked at the same time.
- The test also answers the question regarding the functionality of the features and whether meaningful or good integration is possible.
- Power consumption
- LED televisions have different power consumption due to their different lighting. Nevertheless, devices should show a certain economy with the power from the socket.
- This not only protects the environment, but also the consumer’s budget. In the test, the level of power consumption is measured exactly and the level of power consumption achieved in different applications.
- Quality and workmanship
- Here we focus on the housing. We attach particular importance to fine materials as well as good and robust workmanship with small gap dimensions. A positive look creates good values in this area. Most of the time, the LED TV set also has a longer lifespan.
- Many inexpensive televisions could prove to be a high-priced bad investment if processing defects become apparent after a short period of time. This point should not be neglected when buying.
- An important factor is the brightness, especially for televisions with LCD technology. Good image quality and high resolution benefit users when an image is really perceived. Every television must exceed a certain value in order to watch TV in a brightly lit room on a sunny day in summer. The TV set receives separate points for the automatic adjustment of the brightness to its surroundings.
- The use is significantly simplified and relaxed if the readjustment is not necessary.
What should I look for when buying an LCD TV?
First of all, an LED TV must fit the individual needs . There is no device on the market that would be best suited for every type of user.
The optimal size of the screen
Basically, the selection of the screen size of an LED TV is a purely personal judgment. With a viewing distance of two meters, the reference values for the LED TV are a screen size of 32 “(81 cm), with a distance of three meters 37” (94 cm), with a distance of four meters to the LED TV a screen size of at least 46 ”(117 cm).
The inch unit in the English language inch, plural inches, is very common for the specification of display sizes and screen diagonals. A little help for the conversion from inches to cm for LED TVs is given below:
- 32 inches = 81 cm
- 37 inches = 94 cm
- 42 inches = 107 cm
- 46 inches = 117 cm
- 50 inches = 127 cm
- 55 inches = 140 cm
- 60 inches = 152 cm
- 70 inches = 178 cm
- 80 inches = 203 cm
Reception and DVB receiver
Regarding the type of reception (cable, satellite or terrestrial antenna), the future LED TV should be equipped with the right DVB receiver for digital reception. A DVB receiver for terrestrial reception, a DVB-S receiver for receiving satellite signals and DVB-C for wired transmission.
Media Box, LAN and WLAN
The LED TV can be used with a media box for Internet services (IP) and content already on the PC can be transferred to an LED TV. To do this, the device must have a network socket (LAN) or a WLAN card . In numerous models, a media box was already installed in the LED television in the test.
If the future of television is already included, the new LED television should already have 3D capabilities .
Reflections on the surface of the screen
Frequent TV enjoyment in daylight is restricted by reflections on the screen surface. The LED TV should be as low-reflection as possible when buying it .
It depends on personal needs. Versatile and a lot of potential in everyday use offer Smart TV ‘s . It is not worthwhile to accept the surcharge for such an LED TV if these functions are actually only needed.
Compatible with all connections
If you want to play a Blu-ray with your LED TV every now and then , a conventional device is sufficient and the budget is saved because of the low purchase costs.
Before you buy, make sure that an LED TV works with all devices without any problems. This includes the receiver, Blu-ray player or older devices such as a VHS recorder.
If these devices cannot be connected to the LED television , the user quickly becomes frustrated. Here, product reports and data sheets are helpful to ensure that all components in the living room can be connected to the individual television.
The price is also a significant issue when buying an LED TV. In the meantime, the models are already being offered at a reasonable price and the use of the technology is no longer dependent on the budget.
TV manufacturers often have inexpensive devices and models at high prices in their product range. The analysis of the external LED television test came to an astonishing result: the quality differences are only very minimal. Sometimes even the cheaper LED TV is better than the expensive model.
It is quite possible to get some LED TVs that got a very good result in the LED TV test despite a low price .
On the other hand, some brand manufacturers also ask too much for their high-end products. Only the price hardly allows conclusions to be drawn about the real quality of LED TVs .
It is always important to read the product reports very carefully and only select LED TVs that have a certain minimum of quality.
Novelty: Samsung Micro LED 75
LED televisions have already reached the next stage at CES 2019. OLED came first. An OLED television does not need backlighting, light and image are generated at the same time. Popular OLED televisions are, for example, the models OLED television LG OLED55B7D and the OLED television Philips 55POS9002 / 12 each in 55 inches (139 cm).
Then Samsung introduced the resolution in QLED. These are LED televisions that have been expanded by another filter – the Quantum Dots. Black areas are displayed even darker and light areas are even brighter – so there is more contrast and more colors.
A popular QLED television on Amazon is, for example, the QLED television Samsung GQ49Q6FN in 49 inches (124 cm).
Now Samsung has again presented another innovation at CES 2019 in Las Vegas: Micro LED. This was installed in the new Micro LED TV Samsung 75. Micro LED means: LED with an even finer resolution, without the need for a separate backlight. There are different views in the media about whether Micro LED is a promising further development of television picture reproduction , or whether OLED was simply repackaged behind it .
Incidentally, the latest “conventional” LED TV from the luxury class on Amazon is the LED TV LG 75UK6500PLA.AEE 75 inches (191 cm) in 4K UHD. The LED TV Philips Ambilight 55PUS7304 / 12 55 inch (139 cm), you can pre-order.
Brief information on leading manufacturers
Almost every major television manufacturer has already discovered LED televisions and offers corresponding devices. We would like to introduce the leading brands to you more precisely below.
Samsung is active in almost every electronics area. You can find everything in his repertoire, from washing machines and refrigerators to smartphones, sound systems, computers and TV sets. With this focus, the alignment is successful. Nevertheless, one or the other area is suffering losses. The company is very well positioned and generates billions in profits every year.
The biggest peculiarity of Samsung LED models is LED technology. This creates a very flat design for the TV panels. Other specifications of Samsung LED TVs include a variety of connection options and built-in DVB-S2, DVB-T2 and DVB-C tuners for the reception of digital television.
- The group, founded in Japan in 1946, is one of the global market leaders in consumer electronics. As early as the 1980s, he caused a sensation with the well-known Walkman. At this point, it was the first time to transport cassettes to any location with a compact device.
- The company also grew in other areas and new markets were conquered with new innovations. The Japanese were long in the lead in the TV area. With the Play Station, they created one of the most successful video game consoles.
- Since this decade, the company has focused on the areas that show corresponding profits. In the TV area, the focus is exclusively on high-end devices.
- The company’s LED TVs convince with good picture quality and numerous useful features. With Smart TV, Sony uses the Android operating system. There are many apps available for use here. The devices are aimed at users with higher demands. There is no real bargain here.
- The South Korean company has numerous parallels with Samsung in almost all electronics areas. LG does not show the global successes like its competitor, nevertheless LG is an integral part in this segment.
- LG products are very popular because of their noble quality and fair prices. In the new millennium, the Koreans were able to achieve numerous market shares, particularly in television sets. LG was one of the first producers to focus on OLED technology and achieve better black levels than the competition.
- The Dutch group Philips is one of the largest European technology companies and is also an integral part of the global market. The company was initially founded for the production of light bulbs. After the initial successes, new markets were focused with innovations. Over the decades, Philips has continually developed new technologies in the area of lighting and consumer products. These include household appliances such as LED televisions.
- The cinema experience is brought close to home in 3D quality or in Full HD. The majority of the bones are internet-compatible and have one or more USB ports. Philips stands for technical progress
- The company, founded in 1918, stands for high quality electronic items worldwide. Right from the start, the founders struggled with numerous problems and bankruptcy could only be narrowly excluded several times. The first decline occurred after the end of the Second World War. After being classified as an armaments company by the victorious powers, the company was broken up into a few minimal companies. The brands formed from it, such as Technics or Matsushita, are still known today. Over time, these companies were reunited under one roof.
- Panasonic’s product range includes TVs, smartphones, CD players and digital cameras. Not all areas are successful, but there are always new innovations in order to place successful products in the fast-moving market.
- Thanks to the latest technology, Panasonic LED TVs offer a very high-contrast, detailed resolution with the best backlighting. With its current models, the innovative is proven again and again and electronic milestones are positioned. With a variety of additional functions and contemporary convenience, the LED television becomes the focus of home cinema or network.
- Max Grundig laid the foundation stone for his later global company in November 1930 with the opening of a radio shop. After the Second World War, the legendary radio kit “Heinzelmann” appeared. An important point in the company’s history, because 50,000 copies were sold until the mid-1950s. Grundig grew to become the largest radio manufacturer in Europe. The company employed 28,000 people at its headquarters in Franconia. The 80s also brought the turning point. Incorrect investments in the development of video systems and the Far Eastern competitors increased the losses.
- Grundig takes over new companies and in 2003 Grundig registers after 73 years of bankruptcy. Nowadays the name Grundig is found on televisions and cameras as well as dictation machines . The models come from independent and independent companies. Most of the production no longer takes place in Germany.
- Around 130 people still work at the Nuremberg-Langwassersite, who draw for the design of the devices and who refine and coordinate the technology with the suppliers. The German market is significant for the brand. The devices sold in Germany are produced near Istanbul / Turkey by the Koc Group.
- Internet connections are standard on the Grundig LED TV. The home theater atmosphere is transformed by cinema- quality smart TV and 3D films. A wireless Internet connection is established via the WLAN.
- The international electronics company Hisense Co. Ltd. Was founded in 1969 as Quingdao No. 2 Radio Factory founded in Qingdao. Transistor radios were first produced. The merger with other electronics manufacturers to form the Qingdao General Television Factory started in 1979 with the production of TV sets. In April 1997 the company was finally listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange as Hisense Electrical Co. Ltd.
- In the following period the company and its product range was expanded. The product core is in the field of consumer electronics, in particular TV sets. Today Hisense is the world’s largest provider of flat screen televisions. With 75,000 employees, production is carried out globally at 16 locations and marketed in 130 countries. The company’s European headquarters are located in Düsseldorf.
- Nowadays there is hardly any difference between LED TVs and devices from LG or Samsung. The price of a Hisense TV device is significantly lower. A new user interface was presented in 2017. With Vidaa U, the maximum TV start-up time is three seconds.
Internet vs. Specialist trade: where is the best place to buy my 4K television?
When buying an LED TV, it is not just a question of the right LED TV.
Find out who scores between specialist retailers and the Internet below.
The Internet already offers a considerable number of advantages in terms of convenience . There are no opening hours as online shops are open 365 days a year and 24 hours.
You can comfortably shop from your own four walls at any time. Because of the use of a smartphone or tablet, there is no fixed connection to one place. Numerous providers offer an additional service for the installation and commissioning of the device. The customer no longer has to worry about a thing.
If you are not at home, the LED TV can also be sent to an alternative address, such as delivery to a friend or neighbor.
Buyers must address fixed opening times and locations at specialist retailers . After work, it is certainly not a pleasure to find a parking space in the crowded city and to wait in the queue to pay for the desired product. All of this is spared on the Internet.
For numerous buyers, individual advice in the specialist shop is still very important. Of course, it is advantageous to be able to view a device on site. Theoretically, the image quality can be assessed before the purchase.
In practice, this must be weighed up with caution. The sales rooms do not replace a living room at home and therefore cannot be compared. Due to the larger volume of shops, televisions appear significantly less than at home.
Some customers therefore make a decision for a device that is too large in volume . In addition, the illumination is not optimal. The vast majority of electronics retailers illuminate their stores as best as possible, so that customers can find their way immediately and recognize all products well.
This is in no way objectionable, but the image of an LED television is falsified by the very high lighting . At home, the picture can sometimes differ very clearly from the impression at a retailer.
Nowadays, advice from a seller no longer corresponds to the actual ideas. Especially with large electronics chains , the majority of employees often do not have the necessary knowledge to help customers make their decision completely.
From time to time, high-priced LED televisions are recommended here, which are not suitable for the personal demands of the buyer.
This is not always the case and there are also enough fair and good sellers. The problem is that at first glance the buyer cannot differentiate these negative sellers.
The Internet is ready to highlight the qualities of LED TVs on independent sites and based on the LED TV test, this information provides a sound decision. We are independent of manufacturers and can easily report on all products.
When buying an LED TV , the selection should not be underestimated. In the specialist trade, the limitation is usually to a few current LED TVs, which form a good sales figure. There are rarely numerous diverse LED televisions in the store at the same time.
A suitable offer and a test report are immediately available on the Internet for almost every LED television . This can often relieve the budget. Older versions are often very cheap and still fully meet the needs of many users.
These LED TVs can only be found on the Internet. If a certain LED TV is sold out at a retailer, another online shop is readily available. This means you can almost always find the LED TV you want .
With just one click , the shop selection can be reached all over Germany. When buying from a specialist retailer, there are only a few shops in the area or long distances have to be taken into account for an alternative.
Contrary to public opinion, buying an LED television on the Internet is actually much safer than in specialist shops. As with every retailer, all buyers receive a full guarantee from the legislature and a possible guarantee from the manufacturer. The Distance Selling Act also allows purchased items to be returned within 14 days without any reason.
No reason has to be given by the customer. If an LED TV does not meet individual expectations, you can send it back without any problems . If there is no impairment, for example due to damage to the paneling or the like, you will get the full purchase price back.
The specialist trade usually does not offer this option. Some shops offer a similar service, but this is goodwill. There is no legal right to redemption in local trade.
For many buyers, the most important reason is probably the price when choosing between specialist retailers and the Internet. The Internet is also completely convincing here.
With a few exceptions, LED TVs are always cheaper to buy online than from local retailers.
The reasons for this are simple. The mail order business bears significantly low costs . No expensive sales personnel are required and a simple warehouse is sufficient instead of attractive sales rooms.
Due to the large mass, numerous providers can also offer reasonable prices. A minimal margin on the sale of millions of items sold is unobjectionable and can cost a livelihood for a dealer with only several hundred devices.
Online shops often pass on all costs to customers immediately, and there is hardly any other option because users can compare current prices with one another with just a few clicks. Only through good prices can an online shop appear in the top positions in the results of price search engines and reach the interest of surfers.
Retailers are not subject to such high competitive pressure and are given more freedom in setting prices. In most cases, this gives customers disadvantages.
Overall, the Internet offers too many pluses to be avoided when buying an LED TV .
The specialist trade is a good selection for all users who are in a hurry. Here is the purchase of a TV that is ready to take with you. If you can live with a time window of 1-2 days, you should definitely give preference to the Internet. Buying there is cheaper, more convenient and even safer.
Interesting facts & advice
If you are interested in further information on the topic of LED TVs , you will find some interesting information below as well as helpful advice for everyday use.
The history of LED TVs
LED televisions do not yet have a very long history
Sony was the first manufacturer to massproducean LED- lit LCD TV called Qualia 005. In 2004, Samsung was the first producer to use the term “LED TV” in its series of corner-lit LCD TVs. Samsung also integrated LED backlights in the 40 “, 48“, 52 “and 57“ models of the LN-T81F series in 2007 and in the A950 series in 2008.
In 2008 Sony also launched the first flat monitor with LED corner lighting as a supplement to the RGB LED backlighting of the 46 “and 55” versions of the Bravia KDL-XBr8 series). In the same year, Sharp presented the first 52 “and 65“ HD televisions with LED backlighting with the AQUOS LC-XS1US.
Until about 2008 there was mostly only LCD TVs for home entertainment, which were illuminated from the background by cathode steel tubes. Up to this point, these tubes were the usual form of lighting for all tube monitors.
Only the use of LED light-emitting diodes as background lighting instead of the previously traditional cold cathode tubes or fluorescent tubes as the form of lighting enabled the development of flat screens and LED TVs. They are characterized by a minimal overall depth.
Here they are actually pure LCD televisions and the real image is also generated via liquid crystal displays. The light is generated by LED diodes in the background. So an LCD TV became an LED TV.
The technology, an LCD television with LED lighting, was commercially available around 2009 .
Inexpensive devices with solid image quality can be found on the market . Caution should be exercised with special offers from discounters. Devices with outdated technology or inferior equipment are often offered during campaigns. If less emphasis is placed on the latest technology, you can look out for the models from the previous year just before the turn of the year.
The larger the LED TV , the more expensive it is. However, there were also quality weaknesses in the LED TV test on the large area. Even with a classic TV program, the picture quality is then somewhat poor. Numerous cheap devices reach their limits with nimble movements or HD content.
Numbers, data, facts about LED TVs
The technology used changed a lot and power consumption was significantly reduced. Even permanent operation is very cheap today and current expenses have been reduced significantly. LED backlight technology plays a large part in this .
The use of modern LED technology gives the user the main ecological advantages. While the consumption of plasma devices, for example, significantly exceeds 100 watts in normal operation, it is completely different with a current LED television . In the LED television test, the consumption was often well below 100 watts during operation. Of course, this depends on the selected model and the individual settings.
The brightness or comfort is not affected in any way. The latest LED backlight technology is very bright and offers best colors and a perfect TV is not a problem. Disturbing side effects, such as burn-usual plasma systems is excluded. The integrated LED panels are very durable in the TV sets and often offer the usual performance even after years of normal use.
The LED technology of the TV set is only limited to the background lighting used . Therefore there are no additional restrictions. The user receives a complete free and very voluminous selection. From the very minimal and inexpensive TV set with LED backlight technology , which is positioned in the bedroom, to the very voluminous model in the living room, which is also suitable for several users and high requirements, the market is available to all users with the exact individual design .
Even with the additional equipment, no compromises have to be made with the LED TV . The LED TV is also available in the 3D version . Under no circumstances do you need modern interfaces such as HDMI. Smart TV devices with their basis of economical LED background technology are also favored. This enables direct access to the Internet with even more functions.
LED light-emitting diodes are technically so far developed that they can be put into operation immediately with an AC voltage of 110 volts to 240 volts .
Their luminosity is about 350 – 460 lumens with a consumption of about 4.5 watts . This achieves a luminosity of approximately 80 to 100 lumens per watt. For comparison: an old 60 watt light bulb achieves a luminous efficacy of about 9 to 22 lm / W. LED light-emitting diodes now achieve five to ten times the luminosity of traditional light sources.
Under favorable conditions and factors, LED diodes achieve a very long lifespan of up to 100,000 hours or 11.5 years in continuous operation. Therefore, LED TVs have a longer operating life than tube monitors.
Install LED TV correctly in 10 steps
Correct installation is required to use the LED television in its full range.
- Step 1
The cable of the antenna is clamped to the television with a coaxial connector. The cable is connected to the antenna socket in the wall for analog and digital cable reception. When receiving digital programs via the antenna, the DVB-T antenna is connected.
- step 2
- HDMI connection
- Via the digital connection HDMI, HDTV picture sources are transported to the TV set in the best sound and picture quality. These include Blu-ray players, game consoles and HD camcorders. One HDMI cable per device is sufficient, as the picture and sound are transmitted at the same time.
- step 3
- Component input
- When all Scart inputs are assigned, the DVD player or Blu-ray player is connected to the component input (YUV). Nintento Wii also uses this technology for the game console. Three cables transmit the image signals. This ensures a similar image quality as the Scart input (RGB). There is a special entrance for the sound. The cinch line is connected to the sound output of the player.
- Step 4
- Mains connection (LAN)
- The LED TV can be connected to a router via the network socket. Depending on the TV model, this means that films, photos and music can be played on the PC, which is also connected to the router at the same time. Internet surfing is also possible. The required files are selected on the television using the remote control.
- Step 5
- PC connection
- An older computer that does not have an HDMI connection is connected to the VGA socket. The operating instructions of the television provide information about the acceptance of the image resolutions at the entrance. The computer’s graphics card must be set to this. The audio output of the computer is connected to the corresponding audio input of the TV set for the audio.
- Step 6
- Scart connection
- Older DVD players and video recorders use the Scart connection as the best connection to the television. The player must be adjusted correctly in the menu for good picture quality. The best quality is generated by the RGB setting. If this is not possible, there is the “S-Video” option.
- Step 7
- Digital input on the side
- With occasional use of HDTV devices, an HDMI connection is perfect. If necessary, the HD camcorder or the game console can be connected with an HDMI cable. Highest quality HDTV is simultaneously transmitted to the television in picture and sound.
- Step 8
- USB port
- Modern TV sets are supplied with films, music and photos via USB. Older LEDs and also plasmas only show photos. The images are to be transferred to a USB stick using a computer.
- Step 9
- Side video input
- This connects a photo camera or camcorder with the adapter cable supplied in most cases. To achieve better picture quality, an S-video cable should be used. For sound reproduction on the TV set, the audio cables (white and red plugs) must also be connected to the TV set.
- Step 10
- Sound outputs
- When playing the TV sound via the stereo or home theater system, the audio output of the TV is connected to the free audio input of the hi-fi system. The cinch output provides the stereo sound. Numerous programs are transmitted in Dolby Digital 5.1 (home cinema sound) with digital cable and satellite TV (DVB-C or DVB-S). For this purpose, the digital cable is connected from the TV output or to the home theater system. Depending on the connection of the TV receiver, a coaxial or optical digital cable must be used.
10 tips for care
The ideal TV experience is clouded by dust, fingerprints, streaks and grease stains.
To get the excellent shine as with a new purchase, professional cleaning is required. However, not all means and applications are suitable for the sensitive screen.
To damage to be avoided and thus the risk is excluded during cleaning, must advance some measures are taken to avoid running in TV liquid damage the device.
- Tip 1
Switch off the TV set
The TV must be switched off before cleaning. The mains plug should be pulled so that the circuit is actually interrupted.
- Tip 2
- Cooling down the TV
- Does the device still radiate heat from the last film? Then wait until the LED TV has actually cooled down completely. This is the only way to achieve the ideal cleaning result.
- Tip 3
- Dust and glasses cleaning cloth
- These tools are perfect for immediate cleaning. The above measures are not to be carried out because they are wiped dry. Coarse dust and dirt are removed at regular intervals. The TV should be cleaned once a week and the wipes used should include approval for LED TVs. Often, special glasses cleaning cloths have additional substances that damage the display of the television. The instructions for use of the cloths must always be read and must have approval for these screens.
- Tip 4
- Wipes for wet cleaning
- When using for wet cleaning, fresh towels should be used. Two lint-free cloths should be used for perfect wet cleaning. One is used for cleaning and one for drying. The cloth can be a little damp for cleaning. Microfiber cloths are ideal for cleaning and drying.
- Tip 5
- Brush or compressed air spray
- A soft, long brush is intended for corners that the wipe does not reach. This will remove any grain of dust. The compressed air spray shows a particularly gentle cleaning. Without touching the screen, the dirt is easily blown away. Under no circumstances should dirt get inside the TV, otherwise the LED TV could be damaged. The compressed air spray should not be used for use with loudspeakers or cooling slots on the back of the TV.
- Tip 6
- Care should be taken with cleaning agents
- Only use extreme caution when cleaning the TV set. Not all cleaning agents are intended for the flat screen TV. The sensitive screen is immediately scratched and caustic cleaners even destroy the screen. Taboo are acidic agents for TV cleaning!
- Tip 7
- Screen cleaner
- There are special cleaning agents for the LCD screen. In advertising, they are suitable for computer screens, but are also suitable for the television. A microfiber cloth with a mild glass cleaner is often sufficient.
- Tip 8
- Use cleaning agents sparingly
- A mild window cleaner should only be used sparingly. In case of uncertainty, no cleaning agent should be used, but a microfiber cloth with distilled water. Observe vinegar and citric acid as well as agents with the designation “unsuitable for LCDs” or “not suitable for TV sets”.
- Tip 9
- Special cleaner for TV sets
- The special cleaners are made especially for the sensitive LCD screens and clean without streaks. Avoid cheap detergents because expensive special cleaners have an antistatic effect and the TV stays dust-free for longer.
- Tip 10
- Never use these cleaning agents for flat screen cleaning!
- Cleaning agents containing solvents (acetone, alcohol, thinner, alcohol, ethanol), acids (vinegar, citric acid) or abrasive cleaners should never come onto the TV screen. In addition to scratches, these cleaning agents can completely destroy the screen. Cleaning with car care products must also be excluded.
If it is intended to connect a variety of devices to the LED television , an HDMI switch is available for the expansion . These are minimal boxes with multiple HDMI ports. They are available for connecting game consoles , computers and other devices and can be switched if necessary. For example, a TV with two HDMI connections can easily be expanded to up to six inputs.
For a noble sound transmission, the degree of shielding should not be less than 90 decibels and the shielding class should not be less than A. This prevents electromagnetic radiation and signal interference such as from cell phones or power lines. To ensure perfect signal routing, the cable length should not exceed 15 meters . The susceptibility to interference increases with the length of the cable.
It is also possible to retrofit USB ports if they are no longer available for all devices. USB hubs are offered with a quantity of different connections and sometimes also with a built-in card reader. However, a hub does not always provide enough power for devices with high power requirements. It is not always feasible to charge a smartphone via such a connection. As a rule, economical parts such as a mouse or USB stick work without any problems .
A sound is missing in a coherent picture? Then you should have a surround system for an excellent sound experience. In this so-called multi-channel sound system, several loudspeakers are used and provide a background noise like in a cinema. When selecting the suitable surround system, three options are available: a 2.1 , 5.1 or 7.1 system .
The AV receiver served as the control center for the perfect surround sound in the LED television test. The incoming sound formats from THX or Dolby are decrypted by the receiver and passed on to the corresponding speakers. Useful devices for beginners are already available for almost 200 euros and often only five instead of seven speakers can be connected there and there is no connection to the network.
Wall and ceiling bracket
Because of the flat construction and the low weight of only a few kilograms, TV sets can be easily mounted on the wall. Special holding devices with a professional attachment ensure the fixation of the LED TV . The holding devices have the following advantages:
- Wall-mounted TV sets save space
- Ceiling or wall brackets with hinges ensure a more precise adjustment to the desired viewing direction
What devices can I use with an LED TV?
In principle, old devices can be used that are available for an HD television. The appropriate connections are the only requirement.
What is needed to play SD material?
Nothing at all. Any LED TV can easily play content in SD. Digital televisions can also be viewed in low resolution.
How can I connect a notebook or a computer to an LED TV?
If the PC has an HDMI output , this is not a problem. However, the full resolution cannot always be used.
What is an LED TV?
With an LED television , only the backlight consists of LEDs . The television set itself is an LCD.
Which LED TVs are in the top positions in the LED TV Test 2020?
When determining the LED TV test winner externally , you can view and compare the individual test results above. You will surely find your suitable LED TV underneath.
What are the advantages of LED televisions?
A clear, bright white is created and is the good basis for a true color rendering. The accompanying level of contrast is one of the great strengths. An additional advantage is the low power consumption.
What does LED Edge TV mean?
The LEDs are located along the edge of the TV screen. The characteristic here is that this emitted light is distributed directionally.
What resolution should the new LED TV have?
The native resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels should be available. This is a full HD format.
Why is the number of HDMI inputs important?
This connector will replace the SCART cable in the long term . At least 3 free slots should be available on the back of the LED TV .
Is 3D technology supported?
All modern TV sets have this capability. However, it depends on personal taste whether this is necessary.
Why is an LED TV up to a size of approx. 55 “interesting?
Up to this size, it is possible for the crystals to provide a precise television picture . With this inch size, only blurred contours or similar things are reproduced.