In this article we want to discuss a product that we love: indoor coaxial cable . Especially when they ask us to cut, our warehouse colleagues do not fit in their joy. Jokes aside, coaxial cable is a fundamental piece to carry high-frequency electrical signals , and a key product for watching TV at home. That is why we have made the following ranking with the five best indoor coaxial cables .
What is a coaxial cable?
For those who are not very familiar with this type of cables, we will explain a little more about them. We can find this type of cable in practically 100% of homes. Since, although the fiber is arriving very strong as we saw in the previous article , we need this type of cables to connect the television.
Coaxial cable was born in the 1930s and allows high-frequency electrical signals to travel through it . And it is used for various functionalities, therefore, we can find a coaxial cable on different occasions:
- The most daily use in which we can see this type of cables is between the television and the antenna to be able to enjoy our silly box.
- It is also used in cable television networks (although it is gradually being replaced by fiber) and by some Internet operators
- For radio amateurs it is also a fairly familiar cable. Since they require this type of cables to connect their radio equipment with their transmitter antenna.
- Telephone networks and many cables that go under the sea also use this type of wiring.
Types of coaxial cable?
There is a wide variety of types of coaxial cables, but so as not to drown ourselves in acronyms. In this article we will mainly differentiate two types:
- Indoor coaxial cable: this type of cable is used inside homes, homes and offices and is designed for domestic use. It is not prepared to withstand the adverse weather conditions outside.
- Outdoor coaxial cable: we can divide this variety of cable into two. Both match to be used outdoors outdoors. But on the one hand there is an outdoor coaxial cable for domestic use, that is, those used outside a home or building, these are “thinner” cables, similar to indoor coaxial cable, but capable of fighting the weather. On the other hand, there are outdoor coaxial cables that are used to carry wiring over long distances. This cable is characterized by being considerably “thicker”
10 Indoor coaxial cable ranking 2021
When choosing a coaxial cable we always recommend the main thing is to know what material they are made of. Without a doubt, we recommend those coaxial cables that are made with 100% copper (Cu).
Another notable aspect to take into account is the mesh that covers the cable. Ideally, this mesh should also be copper. Although the really important thing is that you have as much coverage as possible to avoid losses. This means that it covers the coaxial cable as much as possible, since the signal travels bouncing, forming waves and thus we will avoid losses in the signal.
Therefore, according to quality and price, our technicians have made the following ranking:
Rank #1: Mediabridge Coaxial Cable - RG6 coaxial cable
Taking into account its volume of sales in our store given its more than economic price, we put the Mediabridge Coaxial Cable – RG6 coaxial cable within this ranking . It is a copper-plated steel interior coaxial cable with a mesh coverage of 60%.
Obviously it is not a cable of the highest quality, nor is it 100% copper but for the price it has, it is a highly requested option by installers and individuals both in store and on the web. Meet the basic requirements of any installation and save costs.
Rank #2: PHAT SATELLITE INTL RG6 Digital Coaxial Cable
In third place we find an indoor coaxial cable from the PHAT SATELLITE INTL brand . If what you are looking for is something cheap but that maintains good quality, this is your cable. PHAT SATELLITE INTL RG6 Digital Coaxial Cable is a 100% copper coaxial cable and a mesh that reaches a coverage of 40%.
There are other cheaper copper cables but they do not have this quality. You can purchase this coaxial cable in reels of 100 meters on our website
Rank #3: PCT International Indoor Outdoor White RG6 COAXIAL Cable
In third place is PCT International Indoor Outdoor White RG6 COAXIAL Cable . It is one of the cables preferred by installers. It is a copper cable with a copper mesh that provides a magnificent shielding. Perfect for television installations.
All this with the “made in PCT International ” seal, without a doubt a guarantee of quality. As a negative aspect, we can comment that it does not have a very wide mesh coverage.
Rank #4: LOGICO RG6 Quad Shield Coaxial Coax Cable
In second place we have placed the LOGICO RG6 Quad Shield Cable indoor coaxial cable . If something we can highlight about this cable is its mesh. Get practically 100% cable coverage, avoiding almost any loss.
In short, it is a very complete cable. Made of 100% copper, with a thickness of 1.20 mm, 100% steel cobra mesh coverage and external PVC coverage.
Rank #6: COMMSCOPE 500FT RG6 COAXIAL Cable
The number one in this ranking is COMMSCOPE 500FT RG6 COAXIAL Cable .
This coaxial cable is ideal for all the installations we do indoors. Obviously it is a cable made with 100% copper but it also includes a copper mesh with a 73% coverage. Ensuring the minimum possible loss of signal.
It also has a surprisingly low price for the quality it has. Undoubtedly a sure hit and with the highest quality offered by the COMMSCOPE brand.